Pit Fire and Raku Workshop
R1000 per four items fired (excludes items).
Bring you own items or purchase items from our wide variety of bisque ware available.
The workshop starts at 08h00 and entails:
- Glazing or decorating of bisque ware. (Bisque ware with grog clay in preferable.)
- The reduction firing for raku: covering red hot pots with sawdust and scrubbing them.
- The firing process for pitfire: wrapping up pots, packing and firing the pit.
- Alternate firings are sometimes done during the workshop.
- Braai fire is available but bring your own meat and drinks
Booking for workshops is essential!
Next workshop dates: 27 March, 29 May, 31 July, 4 September, 6 November
On the premises is a range of shops for everyday and artistic gifts, dinnerware and sculptures. It is here that you will also find the Karoo Café, an unusual restaurant and structure with a special ambience and atmosphere that lend itself to relaxed and innovative thinking.